Confidence is something we all need to have and yet it’s something so many of us lack, especially in our work lives. Today we are discussing how to know when you’re lacking confidence and 5 ways you can regain your confidence – starting today. From negotiating your salary to surrounding yourself with people who believe in you, prepare for your confidence to grow. As you implement these tips into your life, they are going to make a difference in who you are and how you feel.
Success is half achievement and half confidence.
What we’re talking about
- Lacking Confidence At Work
- How To Regain Confidence
- Take Action
7 Ways To Know You’re Lacking Confidence
Part of my job is to show clients a side of themselves they’ve never seen before. I get to help them find their secret sauce! And I want to give you insights into how to do that for yourself today!
There are 7 ways to know you’re currently lacking confidence at work. If you identify with any of these, then it’s time to get your mojo back:
- If you don’t like talking about yourself or your accomplishments
- If you don’t think you have the right to negotiate your salary
- If you have a tough boss, maybe a micro-manager, and are constantly reminded you aren’t living up to expectations
- If you keep quiet at meetings
- If you’re massively indecisive
- If you’re constantly looking left and right and benchmarking
- If you’ve had the thought, “Does what I’m doing even matter?”
5 Ways To Regain Confidence - aka Your Mojo
Even if you’ve lost confidence, there are ways you can get it back! I’m sharing 5 ways to start taking action in regaining your mojo. Make sure you grab a pen and paper, because you’re going to want to take some notes, friend! As we go through these, ask yourself: How is this relevant to me? And what do I need to change today?
- Start by understanding the root cause of your missing mojo – and write it down.
- Ask yourself, “What value do I bring?” If it’s hard to answer, join me in practicing reflection daily, weekly and quarterly
- Next, create a filter – dagger, burr, or ping pong ball?
- Speak up and speak out
- Surround yourself with people who believe in you
Ways To Take Action This Week
You can start regaining your confidence today and this week simply by recognizing the things you’ve accomplished. Look at yourself as the expert and be proud of what you know and what you’ve done. Take ownership in all you do and start to seek out those who support you and believe in you.
What if you lifted your head and noticed all the things you slayed?
- It’s never what you say, it’s how you say it.
- No one is going to be your career advocate except for you.
- It is an insult to your Creator if you do not celebrate the gifts you were given.
- Success is truly what you make of it.
- Face lifts do not solve self-esteem issues.
- If we are looking left or right, we are not looking at our own paths.
- What if we lead and create from a place of confidence?
Lacking Confidence At Work? Start With These 5 Tips To Get Your Mojo Back
October 9, 2019